Introduction to Woodturning weekend workshop at Marc Adams
June 8 - June 9
Note: this class will be held at Marc Adams School of Woodworking in Indiana. A registration link will be provided here when it becomes available.
Introduction to Woodturning
Appropriate for beginning and intermediate turners, this two-day classes introduces the lathe, woodturning tools, sharpening, basic forms, and sanding. With an emphasis on traditional skills (such as skew chisels, face plates, and flat-topped bowl gouges), this class will give a solid grounding in spindle and bowl turning for anyone looking to begin woodturning, or gain fundamental skills they may have missed.
Students will learn:
- how a lathe works
- the differences between common turning tools
- how to sharpen tools
- how to use a skew chisel as a universal tool
- how to use a flat-topped bowl gouge
- the appropriate use of scrapers
- how to sand on and off the lathe